Calling all South Asian youth!
CALLING ALL SOUTH ASIAN YOUTH
Are you a 14-19 year old South Asian, tired of seeing injustices in the world?
Interested in learning how to make a difference locally and globally for YOUR community?
Want to meet other Desi youth who want to make a difference?
Join us July 22-26 for Bay Area Solidarity Summer (BASS), a 3-night camp for youth of South Asian heritage.
During the 3-day all-inclusive camp, you’ll:
* get trained in organizing skills,
* learn about important issues affecting South Asian communities
* engage in arts and political workshops
* get plugged into a national network of progressive South Asian organizers
* and of course, have fun doing it!
DEADLINE: MAY 16th, 2011
Who: 14-19 yr old of South Asian heritage
What: 4-day 3-night leadership camp
When: Fri. July 22nd — Mon. July 26th
Where: CTWO Training/Retreat Center
Cost covers all housing and food.
Need-based scholarships are available.
Participants will be expected to spend three nights together at the Center.